Melinda Wilson, ISA Certified Appraiser of Personal Property (CAPP) – 1998 - 2006
Certified Member – Association of On-Line Appraisers – 2006 to present
Certified Professional Appraiser/Consultant
- More than 25 years total experience in appraisals and consulting.
- AMC Auctions of North Carolina
- AMC Auctions of South Carolina
- AMC Auctions of Georgia
- Depositions and Expert Witness Testimony
- Personal Property, Antiques, Collectibles, Books, Ephemera, Prints, Sculpture, Bronzes.
- Quilts, Ceramics, Memorabilia, Sports Memorabilia, Paperweights, Orientalia.
- Furniture, China, Silver, Crystal, Fine Art, Decorative Art, Art Glass.
- Toys, Disneyana, Die Cast and Tin Toys, Tools
- Office Equipment, Restaurant Equipment and Guns.
- Common, everyday Household Contents.
VALUE CONCEPT EXPERIENCE:
- Fair Market Value – Selling, Estate Tax purposes, Equitable Distribution, Charitable Contributions, etc.
- Fair Market Value (as used by Bankruptcy Courts)
- Fair Market Value (Banks and Lenders)
- Fair Market Value (Divorce)
- Liquidation Value (Immediate)
- Liquidation Value (Forced)
- Liquidation Value (Orderly)
- Actual Cash Value (multiple definitions)
- Replacement Cost New
- Replacement Cost New less depreciation
- Replacement Cost for comparable item
- Insurance Retail Value
- Professional Consultation Services
- Estate Sale Consultation Services
- Designated Gemologist for Jewelry Appraisal Services
EDUCATION AND DESIGNATIONS:
- International Society of Appraisers - Certified Appraiser
- Accredited Member (ISA - 1993)
- Certified Personal Property Appraiser – ISA CAPP (1998 - 2006)
- Certified Member – Association of On-Line Appraisers – AOA CM (2006 – Present)
This accreditation was achieved through successful completion and testing of the ISA's Appraisal Principles Core Courses of the Certified Appraiser of Personal Property Program (CAPP).
ISA/CAPP Core Courses include: (101) ethical conduct and procedures; communications and business practices; (102) terminology; identification and authentication procedures; market and price research methodology; preliminary and limited appraisal report writing; (103) narrative report writing and the principals of appraising for Federal Tax Functions and the legal aspects of appraising. These courses were successfully completed in June 1993.
ISA Specialty Course, Residential Contents: This course was successfully completed in 1997. Received Certification (CAPP) in 1998. Recertified in 2002 and took USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices) course, Federal Guidelines for Appraisers Established by The Appraisal Foundation.
- Expert Witness: Melinda L. Wilson - Expert Witness Testimony - Divorce Court – Cobb County – 2006 - 2007
- AMC Auctions – Experience with Booking, Setup, Maxa Software Program, Clerking, Registration and Closeout.
- Former President of the Georgia Chapter of ISA
- Former Member of the Executive Committee of the Georgia Chapter of ISA
- Former National Chair of Membership Committee ISA
- Former National Chair of Awards Committee ISA
- Former Instructor of Distance Education Courses ISA
- Attended ISA Conventions in Chicago, Houston, Alexandria VA, San Diego, San Antonio and Santa Fe
- Former Guest Appraiser for "Treasures in Your Home" - PAX television
- Former Author of Quarterly Column on Antiques and Collectibles, Smyrna Library
- Attended Tuscaloosa Antique Symposium – 2006 (Further Education with Experts)
- Presenter of Programs on "What's It Worth" at Assisted Living Centers in Atlanta, GA Area
- Presenter of Programs on Estate Planning and the Appraisal Business to Professional Organizations
- Certified Member Association of On-Line Appraisers – 2006 - Present
- International Society of Appraisers, ISA CAPP – 1998 - 2006
- Member of Cobb Chamber of Commerce – 1999 - 2008
- Member of Leadership Cobb Alumni - Cobb Chamber of Commerce – 2002 - Present
- Member of CEO Roundtable - Cobb Chamber of Commerce – 2006 - 2007
- Member of Cobb Executive Women - Cobb Chamber of Commerce – 2006 – 2007
Return to Top of This Page